Free Film SchoolThe best video tips, tricks, and tutorials from around the internet. Curated and sorted by yours truly so you can stop searching and start learning
If you're interesting in learning the ins and outs of video production, you're probably aware that gear in this industry doesn't come cheap. Likely one of your first questions is a practical one. What is this all going to cost? What do I actually need? That will...read more
Introduction - Welcome to Free Film School So you want to make videos. Maybe you are interested in becoming a videographer as a source of extra income or as a future career. Maybe you want to become a cinematographer, go to Hollywood, and make movies. Maybe you...read more
I'll update this as my gear list changes. Camera Panasonic GH5 https://amzn.to/34orINF Lumix G Lens - 50 mm 1.7 https://amzn.to/2Ri9qsk Tripod Targus Pro Tripod https://amzn.to/39PvCAs Lights Neewer Lights https://amzn.to/2UOGFFI https://amzn.to/34lXX03...read more
White = Future Content
Red = Available Now
Camera Buying Guide (2020)
– Camera settings
– Recording Devices
– Monitoring Levels
– What Editing program should I use?
– Computers and Hardware – What do I need?
– Low Budget Options
The Next Step – Write, Edit, Shoot, Repeat
Beyond the Basics
– Helpful resources (channels, blogs, books)
– Business – Working with Clients
– Equipment/gear – rent, buy, borrow, make do?
Intro to Cinematography
– Who’s who on Set?
– What’s what on Set? (gear/equipment)
– Set Protocol/tips
– Intro to Grip and PA work
– One-man Band/Small crews
– Editing Workflow
– Editing tips/resources
– Visual Effects/Graphics
– Green Screens
– Working with Clients
– Overview – What Kind of Video Jobs are There?
– Getting Started – Day Job
– Getting Started – Your Own Business
– Tips for Your Own Business